Design Your Ring
Jeweler.com can help you style your own ring online through one of our many respected jewelry affiliates. The technology of the Internet has made it easier than ever to create engagement rings and other custom jewelry. When you design your piece, you have the freedom to choose your ideal metal, setting, stone, style, and more. You can build one that is uniquely yours and reflective of who you are. Read on to learn how designing your own custom piece works.
Creating a Custom Piece
You might decide to create your own engagement band for a number of reasons, including:
- You want the custom touch. When you create your own piece, you can select a combination of features that makes it a one-of-a-kind piece. Building your own will give you the pride of knowing that no one else has one quite like yours.
- You can’t find what you want. If you’ve looked high and low for the perfect style to no avail, you might try designing your own. Sometimes, even the best jewelers won’t have exactly what you’re looking for in stock. Especially if you prefer unusual settings or stones, building your own is much more likely to give you the one you want.
- You want to estimate the costs. Perhaps you know what you want, but you’re unsure if it will fit into your budget. When you design jewelry online, you will have the opportunity to price out the combination of features you want. Alternatively, you can also set a price range when designing to make sure that it accommodates your budget.
We are the best source for information on how to create your custom piece. Every jeweler will have a slightly different creation process, but here are the basic steps involved in creating a custom style:
- Choose your carat weight. The first step in designing your own style is choosing the carat weight of your diamond. Depending on your jeweler, you can do this in two ways. First, you may have to enter a carat weight range. For example, you might select a carat weight range of three-fourths of a carat to one carat. Alternatively, you can have your carat weight range selected for you by entering your minimum and maximum allowable price. For instance, you might want a diamond that is $5,000-$7,000.
- Select your diamond’s shape. You can choose from a number of shapes for your diamond, including round, princess, emerald, asscher, radiant, pear, heart, cushion, marquise, and oval. If you’re unsure of what shape you’d like, you can always select a shape to see how it looks and change it later.
- Choose your metal. Next, you will need to choose the metal for the band. The most popular metals are white gold, yellow gold, and platinum. If you select gold for your metal, you will also need to choose between 14K and 18K.
- Select your style & setting. The style and setting will determine how your diamond is presented. Common styles include solitaire, three stone, diamond accented, and gemstone accented. Once you choose the style, you will also need to select a setting, such as a six-prong or contour setting.
- Review your final product. In the final step, you can review the piece you’ve created to see how it looks in its entirety. You can also view the price in this step. If you’re happy with the look and final cost, you can proceed with the order. If not, you can revisit the process to make whatever changes you wish.